Wednesday, January 9, 2008

About Me

My name is James Gische. I am an 18 year-old freshman at Stanford University. I am originally from Potomac, Maryland, just outside of Washington. This blog will serve as my way of contributing to my introductory seminar, "The Language of Food."
When I first read the booklet about introsems for winter quarter, this class stood out to me the most. I definitely consider myself a "foodie" because I love to cook at home as well as go out and enjoy interesting restaurants. Ironically enough, when I was young, I was such a picky eater that I would only eat buttered noodles. My views toward food changed completely, though, when my parents took me on a cruise and I started trying new dishes and cuisines. After that, I began to strive to try new food and experiment on my own cooking at home. Also, I am looking forward to this class because it approaches the world of food via linguistics, which is a field that I have never studied formally. Therefore, I am excited to learn more not just about food, but linguistics as a whole.

No comments: